Contractors were successful in getting the first/binder layer of asphalt placed. They are currently working to place the second/surface layer.
For the week of October 28th, anticipated work includes:
Work in the westbound lanes:
- Various lane closures for
- permanent pavement marking
Work in the eastbound lanes will shift daily for paving, typically working from the west towards the east:
- Right/driving lane anticipated to be closed through Tuesday 10/28
- CTH ID off and on ramp to be closed on Friday 10/25 for mainline surface
- CTH ID off and on ramp to be closed on Tuesday 10/28 for surface
- Left/passing lane anticipated to be closed Wednesday through Saturday for surface
NOTE that disruption will occur at side roads and median crossovers/intersections during surface paving. Traffic looking to cross may be restricted for 10-15 minutes until the roller has passed.
The speed limit is reduced to 55mph throughout the work zone both eastbound and westbound
For more information, please visit the project website: